Monday, August 23, 2010

Guest Designer, Tessa Buys!


I am so thrilled to introduce you to Tessa Buys, our newest Guest Designer! She's an incredibly talented card maker and we were so excited to see what she'd do with new SRM Stickers.



Firstly, a bit aobut Tessa; "I am a happy mother to three energetic, wonderful boys and wife to an amazing, supportive husband. I began scrapbooking and cardmaking in high school and became seriously addicted when we started our little family. I love preserving family history with layouts, creating things for my home and children, and being able to give personalized, handmade cards to my loved ones and friends. When I am not scrapbooking or creating for my Etsy shop, Precocious Paper, I am choreographing and teaching as a professional dancer and actively serving in my church. I'm thrilled to be guest designing for SRM Stickers and am an SRM Sticker addict for life!"

You can check out Tessa's work by visiting her Blog, Percocious Paper, her Etsy Shop, or her Facebook Page.

Here's what Tessa had to say about her experience working with SRM Stickers: "I first found SRM Stickers in my local craft store here in itty bitty Riverton, Wyoming. I was ecstatic to find something so perfect for cardmaking, and as I played, I realized the possibilities for layouts, too. I love the ease of use, the quality of the stickers, the variety of designs, and the special touch that SRM Stickers lends to every one of my projects."




I adore this matching game Tessa created for her boys using SRM Stickers, patterned paper, and a repurposed tin:



This simply elegant card is so refreshing...wouldn't it make a wonderful sketch?



This is a fabulous card and I love the glittery snowflake, a perfect complement to our new Winter sticker sentiment.



Lastly a Holloween card -- *swoon*!



Thank you, Tessa, beautiful work! Please join me tomorrow for more new SRM and the announcement of our winners from last week's Cosmo Cricket festivities!


jenyfur

20 comments:

beckyjune said...

Beautiful work, Tessa! It's great to have you guest designing this month.

Amanda Profumo said...

I love Tessa's style! Great cards, thanks for sharing!

Karen B. said...

Beautiful projects, congratulations!

Susan said...

I feel fortunate that Tessa found SRM's Stickers in her local store. Everything she has made is beautiful and inventive. Great job! Thanks Tessa!

~amy~ said...

fabbie projects!!!!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Love your work, Tessa! They are all gorgeous. I love the game you made - very creative! :)

Tanis said...

Hooray Tessa!! SUPER projects...and such a clever idea with that matching game :)

{VICKI} said...

WOW! Love your creations Tessa!

Manhattan Mandie said...

Great cards, Tessa!!! You are an amazing designer :)

BethW said...

I'll be going broke at her Etsy shop once I stop "swooning" over the Halloween card.

smahrty said...

tessa, love your style! that little spider juggling candy corn is so cute!

Deana said...

Beautiful projects, Tessa! I'm especially loving the matching game cards.... so CUTE! :-)

Erika M. said...

Congrats to Tessa - love your creations!

Tessa Buys said...

Thank you for the opportunity, Jenyfur and Susan! I loved working with the stickers and I can't wait to make more :).

Valerie said...

Beautiful work Tessa - congrats on your guest designer spot!!

kate blue said...

cute projects...I do feel behind that I haven't started thinking about any holidays yet :)

Kathy said...

Welcome Tessa...I love each and everyone of your cards. So happy to see your work be recognized!

Swedie said...

Cute cards -particularly the spider one!

Deirdre said...

Amazing creations - love them all.

Agata said...

Congrats! Those creations are amazing!