Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Summer Party by Christine


It's clebration time for many of us in the USA today as we honor Independence Day.  Here's Christine Ousley with an inspirational Summer Party Project!

Christine says, "Creating your own party ensembles are so popular right now and SRM Stickers make it fun and easy to do. Using some SRM Stickers, Jillibean paper, twine from the Twinery, and my Cameo I was able to create cupcakes holders and toppers, an invitation to my party, napkin rings, and lemonade shooters in their own little drink holder. I really had fun thinking of all the ways that I could decorate!"




"The invitation was created from a Jillibean journaling card. It already had lines on it so I cut apart the Blank You're Invited SRM Sticker and stuck just the words on the card and hand wrote the information for the party."


"The cupcake topper is made from a combination of punches and die cuts. I loved the Sweet Summer sentiment from the Summer Sticker Sentiments sheet. I adhered it to white cardstock and then punched it out with an oval punch. The cupcake holders are an SVG file from SVG Cuts."


"Here is a closeup of the napkin holders. I used the watermelon stickers from the August Say It With Stickers Mini sheets. I adhered them onto white cardstock, die cut them out with a scalloped square die from Spellbinders and then attached them to the paper rings with foam adhesive. Really quick and easy, but a great extra touch."


"Here you can see the lemonade shooter drink holder and tubes. Feel free to substitute a non alcoholic drink for the kiddos. These tubes are food safe so they are a fun alternative to small cups. They also look great decorated with the We've Got Your Border stickers. The drink holder was a small box that I cut out with my Silhouette Cameo. I added small 1 inch holes in the top to hold the tubes. I also added a backdrop to give it support and to jazz it up a bit."


Come by to see us tomorrow for a Project Life project by Corrie!

4 comments:

~jan said...

What a cute and clever party ensemble this is, Christine! Fabulous job!

Angi Barrs said...

Super fun project. Have a Happy 4th!

Rose said...

super summer fun!!!! :)

Carolyn King said...

awesome party decorations! love the whole shebang!