Monday, December 29, 2014

Celebrate 2015 Mixed Media Card by Tessa


Hello!  It's Tessa sharing with you today!  I've created a card perfect for ringing in the new year!

Celebrate 2015 Mixed Media Card by Tessa - #2015 #card #newyears #twine #stickers

I created a bright and messy mixed media background for this one-mixing stamps from Simon Says Stamps and Tim Holtz for a fun look.  I stamped the balloons first, in bold pinks, yellows, and turquoise inks.  Next, I pulled out some paints and dabbed them on to a craft mat.  I sprayed it with water and dragged my card front through it.  It softened the balloons and gave the card a fun, messy look.  I added some splatters with a few different mists and let it all dry. 

Celebrate 2015 Mixed Media Card by Tessa - #2015 #card #newyears #twine #stickers

When it was dry, I stamped some stars with a silver metallic ink and the clock with a waterproof black ink.  I also added some shading around the clock with a light gray marker.  I pulled out some washi tape next and added a few strips to the bottom portion of the card front.

I cut a strip of vellum and wrapped it around my card, adhering the ends together inside with a bit of washi tape.  I adhered the 2015 strip from the Year of Memories 2015 sheet first, lining up the bottom edge of the sticker with the edge of the vellum.  The sentiment from Sticker Sentiments Congratulations came next.  I lined it up just above the 2015 strip.

To finish this card off, I wrapped some Solid Lilac Baker's Twine around the card and finished in a bow.  I added a sprinkling of sequins, too!  You gotta have a little sparkle on New Years, right? :)

Thanks for joining me today!  And here's to a wonderful new year!

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

I LOVE this!

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a fun card! Love that great balloon background with the TH image!