Friday, March 27, 2015

Diamond in the Rough by Cathy H.


Hi there!  Cathy H here with you today to share some projects created with 17 Turtles cut files and SRM!  The perfect combination!

I used A Diamond in the Rough file on all three of my projects!  Loving the diamond shapes cut using metallic gold card stock.  On my first card, I used some teal water color paint, a bit of washi tape, and vellum.  The perfect sentiment sticker from SRM was from Thinking of You Sentiment set and then the perfect finishing touch with a bit of Sticker Stitches and Caribbean Twine.

SRM Stickers Blog - Diamond in the Rough by Cathy H.- #cards #layout #17turtles #digitalcutfiles #stickers #borders #twine #stickerstitches

For my second card, I used the A Diamond in the Rough file again but added the Shine Bright file!  So much fun.  Again, a bit of teal water color paint, washi tape, gold metallic card stock and fabulous sentiment sticker from SRM Thinking of You Sentiment Sticker Set!

SRM Stickers Blog - Diamond in the Rough by Cathy H.- #cards #layout #17turtles #digitalcutfiles #stickers #borders #twine #stickerstitches

And lastly, a layout created with both files and just using the Shine from the Shine Bright file.  A teal water color background with lots of diamonds stitched across the page.  A bit of washi tape, and SRM We've Got Your Border/Thank You green scalloped border across the top and bottom.  A few layers and a darling photo of my grand daughter enhanced with SRM Stickers
 Hello/We've Got Your Sticker.  I love the look of the SRM Stickers layered over the photo...so simple but a great look!  Then the finishing touch, a bit of Caribbean Twine.

SRM Stickers Blog - Diamond in the Rough by Cathy H.- #cards #layout #17turtles #digitalcutfiles #stickers #borders #twine #stickerstitches

What fun I had using 17turtles and SRM Stickers together.  Now it's your turn.  You might even WIN a 17turtles gift card.  Just leave a comment for a chance.  Or how about using a special discount code for SRM fans to use on purchases of 17 Turtles Cut Files.  Here's the code:  17TURTLES25SRM  This code is good from now through March 31st.   


9 comments:

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

I just love these!!!

Susan said...

Cathy is an amazing designer...I just love her work. And how lucky am I? I get to scrapbook with Cathy ALL WEEKEND at a crop in Pierre, SD. Whoo Hoo!!!

cghundley said...

Great design to
work with and I
love that first
card!
Carla from Utah

Jean said...

Wonderful!! THanks for the inspiration!

Robin B. said...

Pretty layout and cards! I love the layering and pretty colors.

Shelly said...

These are FABULOUS!

~amy~ said...

absolutely gorgeous!

Sue D said...

Fabulous projects with this file.

Joan A. said...

Cathy is, as my grandkids say, "the bomb dggity." :-)