Thursday, May 28, 2015

Chalkboard & Stitches Layout by Shantaie


Hi Shantaie here with a sweet and stylized layout to share with you! I wanted to create a page using the chalk markers and multiple sticker stitches, I knew I wanted a modified chalkboard effect without using any actual chalkboard paint or papers. 

SRM Stickers Blog - Chalkboard & Stitches Layout by Shantaie - #layout #stickers #chalkmarkers #doilies #yummy

I used a kraft 12X12 base and layered a black patterned paper with a subtle white print, I dry brushed white craft paint in a super thin coat over several areas of the page to give the impression of a chalkboard that had been swiped with an eraser. I added a layer of black cardstock to anchor my photos and added more paint and multiple rows of sticker stitches.

SRM Stickers Blog - Chalkboard & Stitches Layout by Shantaie - #layout #stickers #chalkmarkers #doilies #yummy

The title is handwritten with a chalk marker onto plain black cardstock and allowed to dry. I rubbed the title in a circular motion with my fingers to get a slight white blur like erased chalk. 
I added a doily that I cut in half at the top of my page and the other half at the bottom of my photos, A sub-title was added along the bottom of my photos using the Express Yourself recipe stickers saying "yum yum yummy yum yum!" I love lots of embellishments and this layout is no exception -- lots of fun die cuts and flowers all enhanced by the sticker stitches and the bold hand written title!

Have a sweet day! Shantaie

1 comment:

Fikreta said...

this is great
have a nice day