Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Bible Journaling by Christine


Hi SRM fans!  Christine joining you today with a chance to share some faith based projects. I was so excited when I heard SRM was coming out with some stamps that are for Bible Journaling.   I haven't got into the journaling directly into the Bible - but I do love to sketch out verses that are meaningful to me and get artistic with those.  Today I have a few to share with you that highlight SRM stamps!  I used gelatos to make all my backgrounds and didn't involve water at all.  


First up I did a page with 1 Corinthians 13:13 and focused especially on the "faith, hope, and love" part using the Words of Faith and BIG Faith Stamps.  I also used a bunch of stamps from the Doodle Flower stamp set - this was a really nice addition to the words!  To create my background I simply did a quick blot from the gelato and then used a sponge to spread it out.


This second one I went a lot bolder with the gelatos and really made the color richer.  The verse came from Psalm 115:18.  I experimented with using extra layers of paper on this one to see how that changed up the coloring and effect (see "Praise the Lord"). I love that about journaling - it allows you to experiment! I used all the same stamp sets but this time created a scene of flowers and really played up the border stamp from the Doodle Flower Stamp Set!


My last page comes from Philippians 4:4 and really focuses on the Big Faith stamp and the heart is from the Life is Good stamp set.   

I know you are going to love these stamps - not only for Bible Journaling but also cards and planners too!  We can't wait to see what you create!

No comments: