Friday, September 9, 2016

Love is…by Amber


Hello SRM Sticker fans! It's Amber here, today I have this lovely framed watercolor piece I created for a loved one to share. I had so much fun creating this piece. I used a wooden frame, watercolor paper, a large floral stamp, SRM Stickers By The Dozen/Wedding, and a few Marvy ColorIn Watercolor Twist Pencils to create this piece.


I started by stamping my large floral stamp onto some white watercolor paper and then started the watercoloring process. The Marvy ColorIn Watercolor Twist Pencils were super easy to use, just twist the pencil to feed the lead out and start coloring. I lightly colored my image and background with the twist pencils and then went over all the entire piece with a wet paint brush. The colors blend so nice and smooth, the more water you add the lighter the colors will be. If you want to achieve deep rich colors like I did keep layering and don't be afraid pull color right from the pencil itself. You can do this my wetting your paintbrush and touching your paintbrush directly to the lead.


Once my watercolored panel was dry I added one of the Love Is...sentiment stickers to some white cardstock, cut it, and adhered it to the bottom right of my piece. I added the entire piece to the inside of my wooden frame and then added some more stickers from the Stickers By The Dozen/Wedding sticker sheet around all four outside edges of my frame. Although this piece looks like it took a lot of time because of the watercoloring it really was quick and easy to create. I hope you enjoy.  Thanks for visiting! 

SRM Supplies

No comments: