Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Trick or Treat by Amber



Hello everyone! I'ts Amber here, today I'm sharing this fun Halloween themed card and matching candy filled tube. I also have a quick bonus project at the end of this post for you to check out.


I started by folding an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of light green cardstock in half to create a 5 1/2" by 4 1/4" card base. Once my card base was folded I took the largest die from Avery Elle's Double Pierced Rectangles Elle-Ments Die and die cut a large rectangle out of some colorful striped  patterned paper, adhered it to my light green card base, and set it aside to work on my stamped photo frame. 


For the next part of my card, the photo frame I traced a die cut photo frame I had in my stash onto some orange pattered paper and cut it out. I stamped my cute little Halloween image in some black Memento Ink onto some white cardstock and colored it with some Spectrum Noir Markers. A quick little trick for you, I like to pick my patterned paper in the beginning of my card making process. Ding this ensures the entire card will match and it makes it so much easier to choose colors to color your images. I added my colored image behind my orange photo frame, added a Trick-Or-Treat sentiment from SRM's Stickers By The Dozen/Halloween sticker sheet, added some twine with a mini black safety pen, and attached the entire finished photo frame to my card base at an angle.


I'm always looking for fun new ways to package up fun little classic treats like these lemon drops. Since my card featured a little boy dressed as a dragon I thought it would be fun to fill one of The Original Tubes with some yellow lemon drops and label it with a little tag that read Dragon Spots. Fun right?  If you don't have any clear tubes on hand or if your looking for a quick way to mass produce more then one gift another fun way to package up some treats is with a bag.


I quickly decorated this 5" x 7.5" Embossed Chevron Kraft Bag with some matching patterned paper, clear stickers from the Sentiment/Halloween sticker sheet, a mini black clothespin, and some twine. This was super easy to make and can quickly be made while you still have all your supplies out. I hope you enjoyed my card, tube, and gift bag today! Thanks for visiting!

SRM Supplies

1 comment:

Teresa Doyle said...

This is super cute Amber as is the candy tube and bag! (I have to admit, I spent too much time trying to figure out what "Dargon Spots" were. LOL) THEN I got it and moved on! I have done this myself but didn't catch it before I mailed it. Glad I am not the only one who has done this. haha
Great work!