Thursday, March 2, 2017

Hello Calligraphy Pen! by Karen

 Hello!  Karen here today to share a new fun crafty product!  


I was excited to receive a new calligraphy paint pen in my SRM Design Team box last week. The Calligraphy paint marker has a traditional flat head, or chisel point, nib (not like a brush marker). It's great for projects on thick paper, glass, wood, or porcelain.  

Since I've been doing more brush lettering lately, it took a little bit of practice to remember how to appropriately hold and write with this type of pen, but the practicing was fun. 

For this project, I created several watercolor backgrounds and then lettered on top of the pages once they were completely dry.
Here are more of my thoughts in this process video.


A little bit of highlighting with a white gel pen adds a little pop against the black lettering and colorful backgrounds.



I think that I'll be making some cards with these but I could also frame them!
What will you create with these markers?

For this project I used: 
Reminisce White Gel Pen | Black Calligraphy Paint Pen

No comments: