Thursday, October 5, 2017

Candy Corn Treat Boxes by Shanna


Hello everyone!! Shanna joining you today!
Now that the back to school craziness has come and gone, and we are settling back into routines....that can only mean one thing! Fall and Halloween are just around the corner!!  EEeep! It is my ultimate favorite time of year..I love the color changes outside, definitely LOVE the drop in temperatures, absolutely adore the fact that pumpkin spice lattes are back (YUM!), and of course I love all of the sweet treats that appear on the store shelves in anticipation of Halloween!

So to celebrate it's arrival, I thought I would have some fun making a sweet and corny gift! (hehe)   


I grabbed some amazing SRM products for this project, and it whipped together in no time!  

Here is what you will need:
Candy Corn (or your choice of sweet treats)
Adhesive of choice (I used double sided foam tape and tape runner)


I started off by layering a cutesy candy corn sticker on an orange scallop, and layered that on top of yellow and black scallops for some fun dimension. I also opted to pop up the orange scallop as well with some foam tape.  



I used my border stickers to edge our the box and frame my centerpiece.  I love how the clear base of the sticker lets the candy peek through!  My sentiment piece I decided to adhere to the bottom of my triangle.  Easy peasy! 

I also added a paper pieced background to allow it to be a little decorative while empty as well!  All you need to do is trace the triangle side of the box on a scrap piece of cardstock and adhere strips of yellow, orange, and white cardstock to the front and back of your template, making it double sided. Trim the edges to fit inside the Clear Triangle box and you have yourself a background! I added some fun stickers on it as well to help decorate the back of the box since the candy won't be visible.  


This would make a great neighbor gift or teacher gift around Halloween!  

Thanks for stopping by! 
What's your favorite sweet treat for Halloween??



No comments: